Now Monday has become our craziest day of the week. Ava and Carter have preschool, which starts at 9:30. We have to leave within 15 mintues of getting Ellie out the door to the bus. While generally manageable, I am currently spending the entire time the twins are at school in a school myself. My education class requires 25 hours of field experience and the only day I don't have kids is Monday. So I've now added that to the mix and will continue juggling it until early November. This requires me being showered and presentable, so add that in there as well. Then of course there is my night class on Monday nights. We get home from preschool around 2, I put the kids down for a nap and then I have to leave again around 5:30 for class. Monday is no longer the day to restore my house. It is the day my house looks like this:
Yesterday (a Monday) I was practically in tears with the stress levels I was feeling. On top of preschool, field experience, and class, I also had a test to take for my online history class. We had any time from 6 am - midnight to take the two parts of the test. I should also add that this is not a class I am doing as great as I'd like (ok, I'm getting a B but for those that know me well, that is just not acceptable), so the pressure was on to do well on the test. My mother's of muliples group had its semi-annual sale this past weekend and I was not home from noon-11 Friday and 6 am-6 pm Saturday. So my other homework, including the math due last night, was building up as well. To say I was in panic mode would be an understatement.
However, I perservered. As things kept getting ticked off the to-do list, I felt better about the day. The twins went right down for nap and I was able to focus on my test. I even managed to pull off an 88% on the first part, with no studying whatsoever!! (for the record, consulting the textbook on my lap for almost every question does not count) I also managed to get the math assignment completed before class. As soon as I got home at 9:30 last night, I sat down to do the second part of the exam. I don't have a grade yet, but as it was short answer and I am the master of b.s.-ing my way through tests like that, I'm confident I at least pulled off another B.
The feelings of euphoria that I felt last night when I realized I survived this day from hell can not be put into words. So now we are on to Tranquil Tuesday. The kids even caught the mood of the day.
And now I am off to enjoy my new favorite day of the week: Tranquil Tuesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment