Ellie didn't have school on Wednesday so all 3 kids got to play at the child center at the gym while I worked out. There was face painting that took place and each picked out a different picture for their face. Ava has a snowflake, Ellie a pumpkin, and Carter a turkey.
Not wanting to be left out on Thanksgiving, I filled myself a wine glass with sparkling grape juice. While it was delicious, the kids didn't like it and I ended up drinking the whole bottle myself. Our meal was divine and I'm really starting to outdo myself with my cooking skills! I may have burned a few of the potatoes when making mashed potatoes but I learned a valuable lesson. 11 potatoes to feed 4 people is probably a bit much anyway. Also, when stirring, it is best to make sure that you get all the way to the bottom of the pan. Otherwise, our meal was fantastic!
Friday I did my Target power shopping. The stores keep opening earlier and earlier (Target opened at 4!) so I don't know if I will keep this up every year. I only went to Target so I was back home and in bed again at 5 am. I just need to pick up one more item for the twins and my Christmas shopping is complete! A great feeling, especially since Jake and I usually wait until about 3 days before Christmas to get anything.
Friday afternoon, Carter wanted to go "play out in the winter." He really likes the snow and the only thing that got him back in the house was a potty break.
Sunday was the day Jake got sick. I banished him to our bedroom in the hopes that the illness would be contained. The kids and I scrubbed down the main level and then I took them outside to play again. (Did you catch that Mom? I took them outside, purely on my own initiative!) I was hoping to freeze out any remaining germs that we might have come in contact with.
Sunday night, I slept with Ava in her little twin bed in the hopes that by staying clear of Jake, who hadn't left our room all afternoon or evening, the rest of us would be in the clear. But alas, it was not to be. I woke up around 3 am Monday morning to the sound of Carter throwing up in his bed. I don't think I've ever moved that fast in the middle of the night before! I spent most of the night up with Carter as he got sick a couple more times. Finally, Monday lunchtime everyone seemed to be on the mend. Jake stayed home from work and was feeling better and Carter was starting to get spunky. Then I was struck down! I ended up getting sick shortly after lunch and spent the rest of Monday in misery. We all were tucked in by 9 pm last night and a good 10 hours of sleep has me finally feeling better. The only who hasn't been sick yet is Ellie. I'm hoping she stays healthy as she wasn't here this weekend and went to school Monday so she hasn't had too much exposure. Today, the twins and I are scrubbing down the house and washing every item that came in contact with any of us. What fun!
1 comment:
Good to see your family loves to share everything with each other. And I love Carter's request to "play out in the winter." CUTE!
Post a Comment