When I got home from my board meeting last night, Jake was watching the election coverage on tv. We started discussing the people who were running and shifts of power in the government. Ellie was still up at that time and was listening in our conversation.
While they didn't get to have a mock-election this year like they did when she was in kindergarten, the class still got to say who they predicted would win the gubernatorial race. Ellie said that she had predicted that Tom Emmer, the Republican candidate would win.
In kindergarten, Ellie had voted for John McCain. I have to smile at this because she knows absolutely nothing about politics. I'm sure she overhears Jake and I discussing things but I find it very amusing that she is voting consistently Republican. Whether this is a fluke or due to the fact that she is actually taking in what our discussions involve or even due to the fact that Fox News is far more likely to be on in our house than a more liberal station, it humors me to see my budding little Republican.
The interesting part is that I actually consider myself moderate. I tend to vote either way depending on the issues at the moment or how I feel about the candidates running. It appears, however, that I am already outnumbered by the Republicans in this household and there are two, soon to be three, without an opinion yet!
On another note, Carter was very excited to go see a boat yesterday. I kept trying to stress that we were going to "vote" but he was sure we were going to get to push a boat in water. When we got to the polling location, he was looking everywhere for the boat. Thankfully, he got an "I voted" sticker so it made up for the lack of boat!
No comments:
Post a Comment