Monday, August 16, 2010

August Weekends

We've been keeping busy during the weekends this month. We started August 1st with an 80th birthday party for Jake's Grandma Dolly. August 7th was my multiples group's Summer Picnic, of which I am supposed to help plan. August 8th was my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary party. Add to this Grampy's visit August 5th-9th and we've been keeping busy. Here are a few pictures of our adventures, but not many as I seem to forget the camera at home a lot!

Twins and I at the picnic. Ellie was invited to a birthday party for the same time and chose the party over the picnic.


Grampy and the grandkids
Note to self: don't wait until naptime to take pics of grandparents and kids.
Ava was crabby!
Carter hugging Grampy
This picture was taken primarily for Ellie to do the bunny ears.
Carter was getting tired of pictures.

This past weekend was the first one in a while where we haven't had anything going on. I decided that I wanted a pork chop on the grill. With only 5 minutes left of grilling, a downpour started! Thankfully Jake manned up and finished the grilling in the rain. Ironically, the downpour stopped by the time we finished eating!

We've been enjoying summer so far and have had a great time visiting everyone who's come back for a visit. Grampy helped us out and installed some new light fixtures above the pantry and hall closet, moved one to another location and put a new one in its place, and "fixed" the one in the laundry room. Apparently the fixture in the laundry room wasn't broken (can I help if I got confused with the two switches and just decided it needed replacement?!) and now the laundry room matches the other ones my dad installed. It's hard to believe August is half over and September, school, and fall will be upon us soon!





No comments: