Monday, August 23, 2010

Como Zoo

Rich, Amanda, and I took the twins to Como Zoo last Friday. I haven't been to Como since I was under the age of 12, so it was an exciting experience for me too. I wasn't sure what Carter would think since the last time we took the kids to the zoo in the spring, he wasn't too sure of the animals. Both Ava and Carter loved it though. The only thing I would do differently is to bring the stroller. I thought that at almost 3 years old and with 3 adults, we could make do without but in hindsight, I'd rather push the empty stroller than lug the 37 lb. boy around when he was too tired or hot to walk!

They loved the orangutans!
Carter was impressed with the gorilla.

With Papa and Aunt Amanda

Carter loved the seals. I also think based on the expression that Amanda didn't think she was in the shot!

After a walk through the zoo, we thought we'd try ComoTown.
Carter did not enjoy his first ever ride. The face says it all!

We did find success on the train though.
Three rides worth.
I could have crawled faster than this train.
Carter and Ava enjoyed it though so it was worth my torture.

Between trips on the train, we stopped for a delicious ice cream treat.

And finished off the day with a quick walk through the conservatory.

Carter can't stop talking about the zebras and seals and wants to go back to ride the train again. Ava loved the mama and baby giraffe and the lions and thinks that daddy needs to get to experience the zoo as well. I have a feeling we will be back soon!

No comments: