Friday, June 3, 2011

I'll Get It Together. Someday.......

Someday I really will catch up with everything I'm behind on. I have half-finished projects everywhere, well-meaning intentions to do this, this, and that, and four children that I bore and a fifth that I adopted (oops, I mean married) that need daily care. I want to wrap everything up but there always seems to be something that prevents that from happening. Although all the children do get fed, bathed, and clean clothes so I guess that should count for something. Anyway, as I am still working on all my projects (at least 5, closer to 7 things I'd like to get done right now), here is what has actually been accomplished around here:


Park:
We play at the park like it is our job. I love this age because Jake and I can sit there watching the kids run around and we don't have to be worried that someone is going to catapult through an opening and face plant ten feet below onto sharp wood chips. Next year, it will be back to running around with my heart in my throat as a toddler explores and tests limits that should never be tested but this year I can sit back and enjoy the time at the park.




We are on the verge of giving up the afternoon naps so on days with no naps and afternoons of parks and bikes and lots of energy, the twinks get out of the tub and don't always make it into their beds before they collapse.




Great-Grandparent Visit:


We took a trip down to visit the final set of great-grandparents that hadn't met Hannah yet. Here she is with Grandma Dolly and Grandpa Bob. We had a great visit, although I have the feeling that when we leave, a huge sigh of relief and exhaustion is experienced by all! The mobile children get amped up when we are somewhere different and were full of energy!





Chillaxin':


We spend a lot of time in the garage and driveway riding bikes and scooters, hanging from the tree out front like monkeys, grilling, and entertaining all the neighborhood kids. (Where are all their parents anyway? Are we the only adults who actually play outside with their children?!)




Not a huge fan of the sun in her eyes, I found these shades for the Banana to wear while out.


She rocks 'em.



Anyway, that's what does get accomplished around here. This weekend I intend to crack down and wrap up all the projects I have going on. Ellie finishes school the 9th and I'd like to have a clean slate to start summer with. Time to get crackin'!


No comments: