Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Wendorff Weekend

This past weekend was a Wendorff Extravaganza. Holly, Joel, and Olivia came back for the inaugural Wendorff Olympics, which was held Saturday at Jake's uncle's house by Rochester. 51 people were in attendance! It was Pure Bloods versus In Laws. Everyone even had shirts; blue for Pure Bloods and red for In Laws. There was a 3-point contest, 5-on-5 basketball game, whiffleball, 4 person relay race, and tug of war. There were also yard games but I'm not sure if they counted towards the final score. Pure Bloods claim to have won but unless tug of war counted for some serious points, this "fact" is questioned by all In Laws. Unfortunately, scoring was kept by a Pure Blood so all accuracy was lost!

I had the camera but the only pictures taken on it were by Ava during the basketball game. She photographed the lawn chairs and the players' legs. I decided that they weren't keep worthy so at this point in time, I have no pictures from Saturday.

Friday night we grilled out at Jake's parents and we went back on Sunday for an Italian lunch. We all had a good time and it makes us all wish that Holly and Joel would make a permanent move to Minnesota.

Here is Jake, Olivia, Hannah, and me. Tony is also in the picture in the back!

Saturday was cloudy and not very warm so being the great mom that I am, I didn't sunscreen anyone. We all got burned. So Sunday, Hannah had to hang out in the shade under the deck by herself.





Hannah had a long talk with this baby!





The 2011 Wendorff Cousins. From L-R, Hannah: February 5; Baby Kunkel bump (and Amanda): due November 6; Baby Zimmermann bump (and Holly): due November 22. I love this photo for several reasons. We have dubbed Hannah "the Floating Baby" and I love how her hair is so prominent! That tuft is not going anywhere soon!


We had a great weekend and can't wait until the entire Wendorff clan is together again. Next time, we'll be bringing sunscreen though!




We have a busy summer ahead of us as Holly and Joel may be back in July, Holly will be back in August for a baby shower for Amanda, and my family will be back for a mini-Ramaker reunion and the large Majeski reunion. We can't wait to get to spend more time with everyone!


No comments: