Sunday, June 12, 2011

The Little Bit of Me

Sadly, I don't think one of my children looks like me. Ava is probably the closest with her brown eyes but when I see her next to Jake, she has the same face shape as he does. I don't see much of myself in Ellie. Carter is obviously a mini-Jake and I keep hearing how Hannah looks like Carter, which will likely make her a mini-Jake as well.

Someone told me that while none of them may look specifically like me, we all look like we belong together. Small consolation for the fact that not one in four resembles me.

However, I find little pieces of myself in each one and when I do, I shout it from the rooftops. I'll take what I can get, but gosh darn it, you will hear about it many times so that you know they take after me as well.

Hannah has been lucky enough to be blessed with my elf ears. We both have the fortune of having our ears stick out a bit on the top. While she'll probably despise this trait as she gets old since your ears generally stick out from underneath your hair (they are great for tucking hair behind ears though!), I will be happy until that day that we have something in common.


After studying this picture thoroughly to see if there is anything else she has, she might have my nose. Maybe?

No comments: