Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Children always have the most interesting things to say. Whether it is due to their take on life or the lack of filter, it is funny regardless. Here are some of the things heard in our house lately:



Ava- "Girls don't drink wine or beer. They can drink iced tea" This was in response to my having a glass of wine one night and a beer another. Both solicited tears in her, which is when she told me this. "Wine and beer will make you sick" is another I've heard!



Carter- I asked him if he had to go potty one day. "Boys don't potty," he told me. "They pee. Girls go potty." Not sure where he came up with this difference in terminology but I get corrected everytime I ask him about pottying. Carter only pees now.



Hannah- I'm not sure what she's saying here but the baby is a chatterbox. She's always been a noisy baby but is really coming into her voice now. Her favorite time to practice using it is when she and I are laying with Carter and Ava to get them to take a nap. It's so quiet that she can't resist making a little noise!





1 comment:

Tracy said...

Ha! My Hannah used to make those noises.... now at 6 months she shrieks. So enjoy it while you can!!

PS: Can I use some of these quotes for a newsletter soon? They are great! :)